Sexual jealousy (sexual jealousy) can happen to anyone’s relationship. Jealousy, whatever its form can damage a relationship because it causes excessive anxiety and paranoia.
Parents You need to be careful with jealousy, though, because if you let your feelings of jealousy take over and you start doubting your partner, it can damage trust and respect.
Keep in mind, jealousy is not about love and caring for someone. On the other hand, jealousy is a feeling of insecurity and fear. Parents must have known a lot about jealousy, but do you know Parents about sexual jealousy or sexually jealous?
Related article: Excessive Jealousy Can Be Dangerous, Here Are 6 Ways To Overcome It!
What’s that Sexual Jealousy?
according to Times of Indiaa, sexual jealousy is a special form of jealousy in sexual relations, it can be caused by an infidelity that is being suspected or will occur soon. If you are in a relationship, you certainly have to be vigilant for fear that your partner will commit an affair.
Sexual jealousy in men and women is different. A man feels sexual jealousy as a threat to the future of his relationship. Men are afraid of being cheated because they are not necessarily able to raise their biological children.
On the other hand, a woman is afraid of losing her relationship with her partner and all the benefits that come with it. Furthermore, as per research, men are more affected by sexual infidelity, while women are more affected by emotional infidelity.
In other words, men are more likely to be angry or jealous because of threats of sexual infidelity, whereas women are more likely to react negatively and be jealous of men for fear of losing their partner’s time and attention.
Related article: Jealous Sign of Love? Don’t believe until you know the facts!
Effect and Influence Sexual Jealousy
Jealousy is about seeing someone get something you feel you should have. When someone chooses to spend time with other people over you, it can create emotional jealousy.
When a partner spends too much time chatting with another person (and potentially their partner too), it can evoke a combination of sexual and emotional jealousy. If this is the case, here are the things that usually appear:
- No matter how much you both love each other, too much sexual jealousy will kill the trust, love, and respect you have for each other.
- Too much sexual jealousy can make a relationship unhealthy (toxic relationship). In no time, you will start to feel like all your energy is being sucked out and you will no longer be able to maintain a relationship.
- Whenever you are together, you will only face baseless accusations. This can cause your relationship to fall apart.
- Since you’re always afraid of getting into fights, you’re forced to lie. You lie to them to avoid unnecessary conflict.
- It can also lead to paranoia, anxiety, and resentment towards your partner.
Related article: 7 Ways to Get Rid of Jealousy in Your Partner, Take Note, Parents!
How to overcome Sexual Jealousy
Men will feel more jealous of sexual relations with their partners. However, men usually don’t respond loudly when their partners get emotional needs from other men.
Women, it is said, experience the opposite. They feel more anxious when they see their partner engaging in emotional closeness with another woman.
As reported Psychology Today, This difference is based on the hormone testosterone (T). Not only men produce it, but also healthy women.
The right amount of T hormone can result in balanced health both physically and emotionally. However, when jealousy arises, the level of the T hormone produced can increase, depending on the type of threat felt.
Women produce higher levels of the T hormone when they imagine a partner engaging in an emotional connection with another person. The advertised T hormone was higher than when they were asked to imagine their partner kissing or having sex with another person.
Men, on the other hand, did not show significant changes in the T hormone when they were asked to imagine their partner having an emotional connection with another person.
parents, Don’t let this jealousy ruin your relationship with your partner, okay? How can you keep this jealousy from ruining your relationship?
- Let your partner know that you love him or her. If necessary, give them whatever guarantees they want. This will help calm their sexual jealousy.
- Try to avoid situations where you think your partner will be jealous. Find out how they react to a friend of the opposite sex hugging or calling you at odd hours.
- If the sexual jealousy starts to get too much, seek professional help.
- If sexual jealousy stems from a past betrayal, extend your patience a bit until they learn to deal with it.
- Re-evaluate trust and love for each other. Strengthen communication.
That’s the meaning of sexual jealousy that you need to know. Hopefully it can open information for you, Parents.