1NEWS – Many treatments are offered to fix facial problems. One of them is filler injections that are widely used to remove acne scars, wrinkles, and streamline the shape of the chin. In fact, fillers can also be used to add volume to the lips.
Well, there are several types of fillers to choose from and adjust to your goals for this injection. Each type contains different ingredients and is able to provide different effects. Quoted from the page allodokterHere are some types of fillers that are commonly used and their characteristics.
Hyaluronic acid is a natural part of the skin that wears off with age. In filler injection procedures, hyaluronic acid is available in both natural and synthetic forms.
There are several characteristics of this type of hyaluronic acid filler, namely:
- Rarely causes allergic reactions
- It comes in a gel form with a slightly thicker texture
- Injections are made in the right or left corner of the mouth and lips or fill in the hollows under the eyes
- If the results are not as expected, this material can be neutralized with an injection of the hyaluronidase enzyme
- Can last for 6–12 months
Bovine collagen is believed to be the best of all filler types, which comes from specially processed cowhide with the following characteristics:
- The price is more affordable and more effective
- Allergy testing must be done before injection, because this material can trigger an allergic reaction
- Injections need to be done 2-4 times a year, because the body will naturally break down collagen
- In addition, there is also a type of collagen that is grown from human cells. This type of collagen is much less likely to cause allergic reactions than bovine collagen, so it doesn’t require an allergy test beforehand.
However, filler injections still need to be repeated every 3-6 months. Human collagen is known to be more expensive than other types of collagen.
Body fat (fat grafting)
This method is performed using a small amount of fatty tissue taken from one part of the body, such as the abdomen, thighs, or buttocks. Furthermore, the fat tissue will be processed and processed first, then injected under the surface of the facial skin. The characteristics of the fat filler are as follows:
- It is known that there are minimal allergic reactions, because the injected material comes from within the body itself
- The results can be permanent, although it varies from person to person
- It takes more than one injection of filler to see the results
Another type of filler is an artificial polymer. This filler is known to last up to two years. Once injected, the polymer material will stimulate skin cells to produce collagen.
Poly-L-lactide (PLLA) polymer type has been widely used in medical procedures and is non-toxic. There is also polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), which was used as an adhesive for bone surgery before being used as an injection filler.
This type of calcium hydroxyapatite filler is known to last up to one year. This type of filler is usually used to fill in areas that require large volume injections, such as the cheeks and chin.
Keep in mind that calcium hydroxyapatite is made of minerals that can strengthen bones. These minerals are incorporated into small particles and dissolved in a liquid to then be injected into the patient.
Permanent fine tissue
This type of filler is widely used to smooth wrinkles around the mouth. This filler that uses fine tissue is known to not require re-injection, because it can be absorbed by the body easily.
This type of elastic filler makes the skin firm and smooth, so the user looks younger. However, the effectiveness of filler injections depends on the quality of the filler used, the area of the face treated, and the reaction of a person’s body to the filler.