1NEWS – Returning the body to its original shape seems to be a challenge for women who have just given birth. Not only to increase self-confidence, an ideal body weight will also reduce the risk of developing high blood pressure, diabetes and coronary heart disease.
After giving birth, the body needs time and energy to recover. Therefore, women who have just given birth are not advised to immediately lose weight. You can start losing weight around the 6th or 8th week after delivery. Quoted from the page allodokterHere are some things to consider to restore the ideal body shape.
Apply a healthy diet
Healthy food and a good diet are the main keys to losing weight after giving birth. The following are tips for maintaining a healthy diet:
- Take the time to have breakfast in the morning.
- Eat foods rich in fiber, such as oats, whole grains, and nuts.
- Eat foods with complex carbohydrates at each meal, such as pasta, brown rice, or whole wheat bread.
- Consume low-fat protein sources, such as chicken breast.
- Do not forget the consumption of good fats or sources of omega-3 such as olive oil and fish.
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Replace packaged snacks in between large meals with fruit or nuts.
- Limit consumption of fatty and high-calorie foods, such as fast food, pastries, and soft drinks.
During breastfeeding, you need a lot of calories from food to produce breast milk. So, you can’t limit the amount of your food, okay? Just make sure that all the food you eat is rich in nutrients and healthy.
To speed up weight loss, you can also exercise regularly. It turns out that breastfeeding your little one can burn calories equivalent to one exercise session, you know. This activity can lose weight after giving birth without even realizing it.
But if you’re not breastfeeding, there are plenty of other exercise options. Mothers can even use a stroller or baby stroller to exercise with the following steps:
- Warm up for 5 minutes by stretching the legs, shoulders, and head.
- Walk while pushing Start with a normal walk for 60 seconds, continue with a brisk walk for 30 seconds. Repeat for up to 30 minutes.
- Make sure your shoulders are pulled back and your spine is straight. Leave some distance between the stroller and your hips.
- Cool down for about 5 minutes while still pushing the stroller.
- In addition, you can also choose other forms of exercise, such as yoga, dancing, or aerobics.
Taking care of a newborn can be stressful for you. This can slow down your weight loss after giving birth. Stress can increase appetite and the desire to eat sweet foods, and reduce enthusiasm for physical activity and exercise.
In addition, stress can also trigger the production of the hormone cortisol. This hormone will make it harder for your body to burn fat. Here’s how to manage stress:
Sufficient sleep needs
Lack of sleep can increase appetite and trigger insulin resistance, which is a condition in which the body’s cells ability to absorb sugar from the blood decreases. These things can cause fat accumulation. If you have trouble sleeping because your little one often wakes up at night, take advantage of your little one’s nap time for you to sleep too.
Ask for assistance
When you are too tired, there is nothing wrong with asking someone you trust to help with homework or take care of your little one. Mothers can use this time to rest, do me time, or go on a date with her husband.