This is the fate of Habib Rizieq’s supporters who were arrested by the police during clashes

  • Share

1NEWS, The mass supporters of Habib Rizieq Shihab (HRS) who had been detained at the police station are now gradually being sent home. They were released after being taken to a number of Mapolres due to clashes with the police on Jalan Cempaka Putih, not far from the DKI High Court office.

“Alhamdulillah, almost all of them have gone home,” Aziz said when confirmed, Wednesday (1/9/2021).

As previously known, dozens of HRS sympathizers were arrested after being involved in a riot with police officers around the DKI Jakarta High Court, Cempaka Putih, Central Jakarta. The riots occurred shortly after the reading of the appeal decision on the case of the Ummi Hospital swab test results.

The judge of PT DKI rejected HRS’s appeal and still sentenced him to 4 years in prison according to the decision of the court of first instance. This means that the PT judge actually upheld the decision of the East Jakarta District Court.

Aziz said that at least 39 sympathizers were arrested by the police. They were taken to three places, namely Polda Metro Jaya, Polres Central Jakarta, and Polres North Jakarta. The HRS legal team immediately provided legal assistance to the detained sympathizers.

“Alhamdulillah, all of the Polda have been released yesterday afternoon. There are still two West Jakarta Police Stations, five Central Jakarta Police,” said Aziz.

He hopes that all sympathizers who are still being detained can be released this Wednesday afternoon.

Deputy Head of the Central Jakarta Metro Police AKBP Setyo said the riot started when the police tried to disperse the crowd supporting HRS. The call, according to him, was ignored. The mass of HRS supporters chose to stay.

In fact, he said, the appeal decision had also been read out by the DKI Jakarta High Court, which was to continue to sentence HRS to 4 years in prison according to the decision of the first instance court.

“We urge you, the reading of the verdict has been completed, please return to your respective regions,” said Setyo.

However, a number of Rizieq’s sympathizers did not heed the police’s advice. They actually attacked the officers. The clash finally broke out. There were injured victims on both sides, both from the police and demonstration participants.

“They blocked the road and threw stones at officers, some members were injured,” said Setyo.[]


  • Share

Leave a Reply