The stomach is a part of the body that is very sensitive to internal diseases. Usually the stomach will feel sick if a person has problems in digestion or stomach acid problems. Stomach will also feel bad when we feel very hungry. In short, the stomach is a good or bad marker of the activity of the human digestive organs and warns us when we feel hungry.
In addition to signaling hunger, the stomach can also indicate excess food or gas. This is usually shown by the stomach starting to swell and feel full. Everyone must have experienced this when the stomach has excess food or the amount of gas trapped in the stomach itself. So, what is the cause of a bloated and hard stomach? What are the characteristics of a bloated stomach and how to deal with gas and bloating naturally?
1. First aid to relieve bloating and bloating by deliberately farting or burping to expel trapped gas or air
There are many reasons why your stomach feels bloated and bloated. Usually, the stomach feels bloated and bloated because of trapped air in the digestive tract. This is due to the habit of eating fast and the amount is too much. Stomach feels bloated can also cause shortness of breath, nausea, and difficulty defecating. Because of this, we must know how to deal with stomach bloating and shortness of breath, nausea, and difficulty passing gas.
The first aid measure to overcome this is to intentionally fart or burp. This is useful so that the wind trapped in the stomach can come out. Farting and burping are natural ways for the body to relieve flatulence and relieve gas in the stomach. Don’t get into the habit of holding in farts and burps. If your stomach feels bloated, try squatting or opening your mouth to deliberately expel gas by farting and burping. If that doesn’t work, try other methods, such as taking natural remedies for gas and cramping.
2. Compress the stomach using warm water for 10 to 15 minutes to relieve pain and cramps and dilate blood vessels to relax the abdominal muscles
If you’ve tried to pass gas but it doesn’t get better, try compressing your stomach using warm water. You only need to prepare warm water, a clean cloth or washcloth and basin. Soak a washcloth in a basin of warm water and wring it out. After that, place the warm compress on the abdomen for 10 to 15 minutes.
Compressing the stomach using warm water will help relieve the pain and cramps that are felt due to a bloated stomach. Warm temperatures are also useful for helping the body dilate blood vessels so that oxygen or air can flow more smoothly. In addition, the abdominal muscles will also be more relaxed which will release gas. This method can also be used to treat bloated stomach and difficult bowel movements in children.
3. When you feel full because you are full, take a leisurely 10-15 minute walk to relax your intestines and expedite gas
One of the causes of a bloated stomach is overeating. Usually people who overeat will feel pain in the stomach and don’t move much because of cramps. And if this happens, the way to deal with a bloated stomach after eating or fullness is to move more.
If you feel bad, don’t sit still and wait for conditions to improve. Immediately get up and take a leisurely walk for about 10 to 15 minutes. This small exercise can help the body relax the intestines and facilitate the elimination of gas. In addition to making you fart quickly, this method is also useful for those of you who have difficulty defecating. If you defecate smoothly, the gas in your body will also come out.
4. You have to start changing your eating habits. Limiting portions and chewing food slowly will really help you avoid bloating and gas
Always avoid to eat quickly and excessively. Stop eating before you are full. Limiting portions in one meal will be very helpful. When eating, try to chew food slowly until the food feels smooth. To practice it, you can count the chews to a count of 30-32. In addition to avoiding a bloated stomach, the body will also digest and eat food better. You should also avoid eating while talking or chatting.
5. Leave unhealthy lifestyles such as smoking and consuming carbonated drinks. Instead, you can start drinking herbal drinks from natural anti-bloating and gastric ingredients such as peppermint, chamomile, and turmeric.
For cases of bloated stomach, the most common way that can be practiced is to start changing lifestyles. If previously you were skeptical, start to adjust the food intake you consume. This method can prevent you from feeling bloated and bloated after eating.
In addition, you also have to reduce soft drinks. Beer, soda, and carbonated drinks can exacerbate gas buildup in the stomach and intestines. These soft drinks generally contain carbon dioxide which can make you bloated. You should also start reducing or even quitting smoking. Besides being bad for the lungs, smoking cigarettes can also worsen the gas content in the body. Instead, you can consume herbal teas that can reduce bloating such as peppermint tea, chamomile, coriander, anise, and turmeric. Combine these natural ingredients at will.
6. The last way to deal with a bloated stomach is to use a circular massage technique on the parts around the stomach
The last way to treat a bloated stomach is to massage the stomach. Massaging the stomach helps smooth the movement of the digestive system while removing gas from the stomach. Of course there are certain techniques for doing this abdominal massage. The following are steps that you can practice to help people or deal with flatulence yourself:
- Place both hands just above the right hipbone
- Gently massage in circular motions
- While massaging in a circular motion, apply light pressure towards the right side of the ribs
- After that do the massage by aiming at the upper abdomen and do the same thing
- If you have, move to the left side of the ribs and repeat the steps of circular massage and a little pressure
- After that, take a hand massage to the bottom towards the left hip bone
- Finally, repeat the massage steps as necessary until the stomach feels better.
Well, that’s some of the causes and ways to deal with a bloated stomach due to stomach acid, gas accumulating, and difficulty passing gas. How? It’s not difficult right? To make it more perfect, you can do the methods above while taking gastric medicine at the pharmacy. Hope your condition improves and let’s live healthy!