The head of the Tangerang prison, Viktor Teguh, and 13 other witnesses will be questioned by the Directorate of General Criminal Investigation at the Metro Jaya Police regarding the fire case at the Class I prison in Tangerang, Banten, which occurred last Wednesday (8/9).
“Investigators from the Polda Metro Jaya have taken steps after the case was raised to the investigation stage, the investigators have made a summons. The summons as a witness was addressed to 14 prison employees who carried out picket on that day, including the head of the prison,” said Head of the Public Relations Division of the National Police, Kombes Pol. Ahmad Ramadhan, at the Police Hospital, Kramat Jati, on Saturday (11/9/2021) , reported by Antara.
Not only the fourteen people who witnessed the Tangerang prison fire, the police will also conduct investigations on seven inmates, three members of the fire department, and three witnesses from PLN.
Head of the Public Relations Division of the National Police Public Relations Division Kombes Pol Ahmad Ramadhan said that the Head of the Viktor and other witnesses mentioned above will be questioned at the Metro Jaya Police Headquarters tomorrow, Monday (13/9).
“So the plan is that after the summons is made, an examination will be carried out, examination as a witness will be carried out, on Monday (13/9) at Polda Metro Jaya,” he said.
Therefore, the Notification Letter for the Commencement of Investigation aka SPDP has been sent by investigators from the Ditreskrimum Polda Metro Jaya to the Banten High Prosecutor’s Office.
“As a result of the coordination of the Polda Metro Jaya, the SPDP was sent to the Head of the Banten Prosecutor’s Office, which was previously sent to the Kajari of Tangerang City, in this case the SPDP was sent to the Head of the Banten Prosecutor’s Office,” continued Ramadhan.
Not only that, 13 units of cellphones, CCTV footage, key locks and other evidence have been confiscated by the police for investigations related to allegations of criminal acts in the case that burned 44 inmates to death.
“We hope that this investigation will be completed soon and we must also be thorough and observant to resolve this case so that the cause of the fire is clear,” he concluded.
Previously, it should be noted that the Tangerang prison fire case has been upgraded by the police from investigation to investigation. This refers to the results of the case title which found elements of a criminal act.
Other facts about Tangerang prison fire soles
New facts continue to be revealed regarding the Tangerang Class I prison fire incident. One of them is the name of the inmate who died, namely Alvin, who should have been released from the prison last August.
This fact was obtained from one of Alvin’s family, Jumono when he visited the antemortem post at the Kramat Jati Police Hospital, East Jakarta on Thursday 9 September 2021. Jumono, who is Alvin’s cousin, came all the way from Wonosobo, Central Java to Jakarta to accompany his parents to give victim data.
When met by the media crew, Jumono said that Alvin should have been released from Tangerang Class I prison last August. But somehow until September he has not been freed from bars.
“Alvin should have been out last August, but, yes, I don’t know why it hasn’t come out until September, now he’s gone forever,” said Jumono while holding back tears, confiscated by Suara-Hops.ID network.