Some of us may already know, MotoGP riders get high salaries from the teams they defend. In fact, there are some that touch hundreds of billions of rupiah per year. So, who is the highest paid racer this season?
Reported from Deshibiker, Friday 18 September 2021, Repsol Honda racer from Spain, Marc Marquez still ranks first with a fee of US $ 17 million or approximately Rp. 243.3 billion per season. This is the third time in a row he has become the highest-paid rider in MotoGP.
Interestingly, in terms of salary, Marquez was able to outperform the central figure in the competition, Valentino Rossi, who received Rp. 143 billion per season. In fact, the difference between the two is almost doubled. However, Rossi gets other sources of income from sponsors, official merc, and his racing academy, VR46 Academy.
In a row there is Maverick Vinales in third with a fee of Rp. 114 billion, Danilo Petrucci in fourth place with Rp. 40 billion, then Cal Crutchlow in fifth place with a wage of Rp. 35.7 billion per season.
The following is a complete list of the highest-paid drivers in MotoGP 2021
- Marc Marquez – IDR 243.3 billion
- Valentino Rossi – IDR 143 billion
- Maverick Vinales – IDR 114 billion
- Danilo Petrucci – IDR 40 billion
- Cal Crutchlow – IDR 35.7 billion
- Alex Rins – IDR 28.6 billion
- Joan Mir – IDR 17.8 billion
- Andra Iannone – IDR 17.1 billion
- Brad Binder – IDR 14.3 billion
- Pol Espargaro – IDR 14.3 billion
- Alex Marquez – IDR 14.3 billion.