The name listed on one’s wedding invitation will attract attention to those who receive it. In addition to the name of the bride and groom, there are also several other things that make an invitation even more impressive. The design is definitely one of them, but there’s also something else that usually can’t be missed, namely ‘wording‘ or wording by word in the invitation. Usually many choose to quote verses from the scriptures to put there.
There are also some people who want to give a more romantic touch with put poetry or quotes in wedding invitations. Unfortunately, not everyone is good at composing sentences so you can just put in a few of these sweet quotes. Listen to the end!
1. Many put quotes in the form of various understandings of love, you can also quote this one understanding
Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
– Robert A. Heinlein
2. You might decide to get married once you’re sure he’s a ‘the one’ knowing that the vision you have is the same
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
– Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Airman’s Odyssey
3. You can also use a quote from an English writer in classic English to make your invitation even more romantic
Doubt thou the stars are fire
Doubt that the sun doth move
Doubt truth to be a wild
But never doubt I love
– William Shakespeare
4. A sentence with an analogy will also make it sound more poetic, for example a quote from Kahlil Gibran below
Marriage is the golden ring in a chain whose beginning is a glance and whose ending is eternity.
– Kahlil Gibran
5. You can also put a prayer with a sweet sentence in your invitation, so that every time someone reads you can collect amen
The bride and groom; may their joys be as bright as the morning, and their sorrows but shadows that fade in the sunlight of love.
– Minna Thomas Antrim, A Book of Toasts
6. The narrative style style is also guaranteed to make your quote will steal the attention from the first word the recipient reads
Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
– Nicole Krauss, The History of Love
7. The quotes given don’t have to be serious and romantic, you can also give a little joke in it
Love is a lot like backache. It doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there.
– George Burns
8. Marrying someone you have loved for so long may feel as beautiful as a dream, but this is actually a thousand times more beautiful in reality
You know you are in love when you can’t sleep because reality is finally better tha your dreams.
– Dr. Seuss
Well, by putting some of these quotes, your invitation will be more interesting and not lonely anymore. It can also make the recipients of the invitation to smile themselves when reading it. The use of English sentences is also still rare which makes your sentence sound unmarketable.