Illustration of breast cancer (SciTechDaily/Edited by 1NEWS)
1NEWS, Jakarta —
beauty, Hearing the words breast and cervical cancer definitely makes us shudder.
The reason is, breast cancer and cervical cancer are the deadliest cancers that most Indonesian women suffer from. Eh but, you don’t need to be too paranoid, okay? Beauty. The reason, both types of cancer can be prevented, you know!
“We invite the public to always adopt a healthy lifestyle and routinely conduct health checks so that various diseases can be detected as early as possible. Proper detection and treatment from a competent doctor will facilitate the healing process,” said Head of Corporate Marketing Eka Hospita, Erwin Suyanto, quoted from the syndicated page. Suara.com, Monday (4/10/2021).
Then, the Consultant Oncology Obstetrician, Dr. Muhammad Yusuf, Sp.OG (K) Onk., said that various early prevention efforts can be done to detect the presence of cancer in the body. For example, by checking whether there is a lump in the breast, or doing regular Pap smears.
dr. Yusuf also said, 90 percent of the causes of cancer are due to factors lifestyle or lifestyle. Then the remaining 10 percent is caused by genetic factors.
For example, cervical cancer, said dr. Yusuf has the talent or the basis of cancer in his body, but when the infection can be prevented then he will not be able to become cancer.
“In this cervical cancer there is no infection, so if we can do it, it should not happen, so this cervical cancer should not happen,” explained dr. Joseph.
Said dr. Yusuf, considering the cause of cervical cancer is human papilloma virus (HPV), then to prevent cervical cancer is so that women are infected with the virus, one of them by getting the HPV vaccine.
This vaccine will make the body form antibodies, which can fight and neutralize when the HPV virus enters the body.
Meanwhile, breast cancer can be cured, when women can find and detect cancer at an early stage.
One of the detections is to be aware of the ‘Breast Self-Examination’.
Also Read: Awesome! These 10 Natural Medicines Become Breast Cancer Fortresses, 2 of them are in the Kitchen!
“Check if there is a lump that feels strange in the breast, if there is a lump but it doesn’t hurt, then suspect it as cancer as an early detection, then check with a specialist,” suggested dr. Joseph.