1NEWS – It is recommended to eat sweet foods that contain sugar and carbohydrates when breaking the fast. However, we need to make sure the sweet foods we eat have balanced nutrition. This is done to prevent excessive sugar consumption which can actually interfere with daily activities.
Therefore, making your own food at home is much better than buying it. That way, we can ensure the cleanliness and nutritional content of the food consumed. Making it is not difficult. You can get creative with nutella or chocolate jam. Here are some handy recipes for you to try at home.
Nutella date balls
You can try making date balls, which are a light, date-based dish that can be made easily. The ingredients are as follows:
- cup (175 mL) ground almonds
- cup (60 mL) dates
- cup (60 mL) grated coconut
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) maple syrup
- tsp (2 mL) cinnamon powder
- 3 grams choco powder
- 30 grams of melted butter
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Nutella®
- Pistachio Nuts
How to make:
- Place the almonds, dates, desiccated coconut, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a food processor. Mix these ingredients until smooth.
- When the ingredients are well mixed, shape them into balls of the size you like.
- Add chocolate jam as a garnish on top of the date balls.
- Add pieces of fresh fruit as a complement. The dish is ready to be served.
Nutella Mini Tarts
As the name implies, this dish is mini in size but still filling, so it is very suitable as a friend to break the fast. Ingredients:
- 250 grams of flour
- 125 grams of butter
- 125 grams of sugar
- 4 grams of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 90 grams of Nutella
How to make:
- Place the flour and baking powder in a stack on the cake board.
- Add the melted butter. Stir quickly.
- Add sugar, egg and egg yolks, grated lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- Mix all the ingredients quickly, then form a ball.
- Wrap the dough in a cloth and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin to a thickness of 5 mm. Cut the dough into circles slightly larger than the mold you will be using.
- Put the dough into a mold that has been greased and floured.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 8-10 minutes.
- After that, remove the tart from the mold and let it cool. Fill the tart with chocolate jam and serve.
Nutella fried bread
You can also make Nutella fried bread as an option for breaking the fast. This dish has a sweet taste sensation as well as a crunchy texture. As for the ingredients:
- 5 slices of white bread (without edges)
- 50 grams of butter
- 30 grams of brown sugar/palm
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 20 ml milk
- Melted butter for cooking
- 100 grams of bread flour
How to make:
- Flatten the bread slices with a rolling pin.
- Melt 50g butter, then set aside to cool.
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon powder in a bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Spread the dough onto the bread, then roll the bread into small cigars.
- Mix 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder and 20 mL milk in a bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Melt some butter in a frying pan for cooking.
- Dip the rolled bread slices into the egg mixture, then place them in the pan over low heat.
- Cook the bread until golden. Lift then drain.
- Spread Nutella as a complement, the dish is ready to be served.